- Beyoncé world tour tickets giveawayPosted 77 days ago
KFC Told to Pay $8.3M to Girl Poisoned By Wrap
[HH] Fast food chain KFC was ordered to pay $8.3 million to the family of an Australian girl, who was poisoned after eating a “Twister Wrap” from the restaurant.
In 2005, a then 7-year-old Monika Samaan, her brother and parents were left hospitalized after getting salmonella poisoning after eating chicken at a Sydney KFC.
After the news broke KFC, owned by Kentucky-based YUM! brand, denied being responsible for the family’s illness and challenged her family during a 4-week trial.
A South-Wales judge ordered in favor of the family, saying KFC breached its duty of care to the girl, awarding them $8 million plus court costs.
After eating the meal the family suffered severe salmonella poisoning, but Monika’s case was the worse, as she was in a coma for six months and is now wheelchair-bound.
We're having some issues with our host
(well they're kind of forcing us to upgrade our server due to traffic, apologises for the inconvenience)
Apparently anyway... they basically just want us to pay for a dedicated server.